Monday, October 12, 2015

Sewing vintage

A few years ago I made some Christmas stockings for a friends kids, and in return she gave me this really great vintage Singer featherweight sewing machine. I would have done the for nothing but being that she doesn't sew she thought I would like this and she was right I do. Till this last month I hadn't used it just because I have always had my newer machine set up, but with this move I had the featherweight close at hand. So when I wanted to start making some new things I pulled it out put a me needle in it and started sewing. I have to say I love sewing with it its so easy to use. I can't believe how long it took me to make this dress not because it was hard or because of the machine but I just was busy doing other things. Like unpacking and having my new in-laws in town, so a month yes a month later I hav finished this great vintage style dress made using the vintage machine. I love the at it came out its so comfy, and I loved how easy it was to put my featherweight up to sew and put away when I needed my dining table back. I'm thinking that I'm going to be using it a lot more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment