Saturday, April 29, 2017

Breastfeeding out and about

So a long with cloth diapering I'm also  exclusively breast-feeding. I'm someone that doesn't feel the need to find a room to hide in or but a cover over my baby when she is eating. This does at times get some looks, in the  grocery store I have had some  Extremely  shocked women walk by and talk to each other about it. At other times I have noted the looks of shock from other people when put. So today when in a clothing store when my little one wanted to eat I thought nothing of taking her out of her  stroller and feeding her, I knew I would get looks from some people as I always do but I have never had anyone come up and say anything to me, that is till today. So when a women walked by me and looked at me and looked as if she wanted to say something but kept walking I thought to my self ok this is going to be the first time that someone bitches at me for feeding my kid. But to my  surprise what the women had to say was nothing bad but she walked back to tell me keep it up that she has been breastfeeding for 16 months and that she feeds in  public and hasn't had anyone say anything but that she also doesn't see others doing the same, and that I need to keep it up. It was great that the first time someone says anything about me breastfeeding out in the open that it's nothing  negative but something positive words and  encouragement From one mother to another! It truly was a  encouragement and empowerment as some other women that weren't to happy with it looked on.


No comments:

Post a Comment