Thursday, April 6, 2017

Three weeks postpartum

 What a complete whirlwind the past 2 1/2 almost 3 weeks has been. I little girl was born and came home, I have to say nothing  truly prepares you for bringing a little one home that's definitely for sure.  Even with my husband having time off work and being here which I have to say has been great giving me the opportunity to as crazy it sounds leave her with someone and just step out for a few minutes and keep my bit of my sanity, along with my mother being here I have all the great blessings I truly do not understand how anyone can do this without help.  That being said I do know that I've had a relatively easy time with her, for the most part she's been sleeping through the night. I don't wake her to feed her if she wakes to eat then I know she's hungry and she wants to eat I am not someone that believes you should wake a baby to feed them if they're hungry they will weaken want to eat and when she wants to eat she eats.  However there have been a few nights where she is up and just doesn't want to sleep, however for the most part getting her back to sleep to be solved by her sleeping on my chest she just wants to be near and  held close, and I truly understand that after all the world is big and scary to her she's only been in it to an a half weeks being near me it's what she's known her entire existence. But the sleeping arrangement has been difficult for my husband I know because he's a very do everything by the book kind of person and all of the classes we took and books we read all are very against  Cosleeping for safety. However I do believe that cosleeping is in many ways much more natural at this age then to try and put them in a crib or bassinet and just let them cry. I did have a friend that came to visit I had a better week after she was born they did say something about well you know you don't have  to go to her all the time you can just let her cry, but to me I can't there is nothing more horrible for me to feel then to look at her crying and have a look of fear and anxiety and her face to me it is my job to comfort her and make her feel safe in this world so how  could I just let her cry until she exhaust yourself then she is  knowing anxiety and fear unnecessarily and I can't be the cause for that to start for her the world will do that enough to her now is the time for her to be comforted and that means I lose some sleep then that's the deal I made.

 For the first two weeks of her life my husband was home from work so it was really nice to not be alone and doing everything as well as it was great to see her bond with her daddy. The first day that he went back to work was a little hard I think mostly because she did miss having him here but that is the way that it has to be. Last night was the first night that she just would not go back to sleep no matter what so I was up with her because after all he was going up a very long day at work about a 16 hour day and I didn't want to make him try and stay up when if she's not going to go back to sleep she's not gonna go back to sleep no reason for both of us to completely lose sleep when I'm the one that's going to be home and have the opportunity to nap when she does,  so I got up and was up most of the night with her she's just had a growth spurt time wanting to eat and just be held every time I put her down she wake back up so I just set up and held her as she eat.  I read a lot and had a lot of people tell me oh swaddle her and she'll fall asleep, has continued to try swaddling her and for the most part she hates it she cries more and doesn't  sooth herself at all.  However luckily this afternoon
after a long night of very little sleep for both of us I decided to try swaddling her again and this time it comes her completely and put her right to sleep, I'm hoping that this is a new trend and that swaddling will be something that will work to help her rest and feel comforted without having to  be held all the time.  Not that I don't completely love and enjoy holding this little bundle of joy, but I do feel that it's good for her to be able to sleep without being held.



No comments:

Post a Comment