Friday, November 6, 2015

The next steps for the blouse


So in this video I talk about the pleats and how to put those in, as well as seem finishes seem finishes are always an important thing to think about. Just like with the skirt I am not using the surgery for the same finishes on this I am doing hand finishes so for this one I have chosen to do the folding in the seam and then I will handstitch a slip stitch picking up does that one thread of the blouse to Tackett into place to make it very flat  appearance.

 This video take shoe right up to putting the neck binding and facing and keep in mind that when you stitch on your neck facing to your blouse you were using a 3/8 of an inch seam allowance not a 5/8 of an inch all other seams are a 5/8 of an inch seam allowance. You will also not be stitching the right pleaded part of the blouse to the facing it will be being tucked in in a manner I will discuss in the next video.  As always hope that your enjoying your sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment