Tuesday, August 4, 2015

One short month

As I finish up work on my wedding dress, it hit me that in one short month from today I will be packing my life in to a truck in preparation for moving the day after my wedding. It's crazy this I know to have had so short of a time table for a wedding but then add in the moving. This is a time of change that's for sure I'm leaving my family not only by getting married but for my mom will stay and I will move a cross the country with my husband. This step in my life is one that gives me a mix of emotions, that I don't think are going to fully sync in till after the wedding. I think the thing that's been helping to deal with the emotions that come with leaving your family for the first time, not only am I leaving my family bug my mother is one of my closest  friends as well. But the thing that's helped is the time I spend working on my dress it's an ever change work of art and I'm sorry everyone but my fiancĂ© likes to read my blog so I will not be putting any photos of the dress till after the wedding then I'll show you it's growth. It has been a work of mindful meditation and reflection on this change in my life. It gives me so much joy to see my hard work, that's a mix of the things that were handed down to me from the women that have come before. I like to believe that they watch me with Pride not only in the things I make but in the decision that in some many ways they have influenced and had a part in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment