Friday, July 1, 2016

baby dress

   I don't know if its the age that I am or just the fact that all my friends are married, but the ones that don't have kids are starting to have kids. As always I make something for the new one. I am not one to go off a registry but then I am also not one to do a registry list, I didn't when I got married. People think its crazy but for me I don't like asking people to give me something and tell them what to get me. Part of that I know comes from growing up with my grandma that was in truth very much so a women from the hills, and she really put in to me that you don't ask for gifts. If someone wants to give you something great but when you ask you are now beholding to them. I wasn't even one to wright letters to Santa never one to do list for my birthdays. Even now as an adult when people ask me what I want I am lots and I hate asking get me this. I do believe that if some one wants to give me something then whatever they want to give me is great because they are giving from the heart. So when my friends friend's have kids I always make them something, usually layette sets and or a blanket or both.
  But this time when my friend Chris's wife is having their first baby, I decided to sew something not crochet something partly because the time of year that the baby is due, its still going to be summer and hot for a few months after. So a layette set just didn't seam like it was going to be the best. But still wanting to make something I decided to sew a cute little vintage inspired cotton dress. Its a flowy cotton that will be good for summer and then if it does turn cooler they can always add a sweeter with it, but its also something that they can keep and use if they have other baby that happens to be a girl or keep it and she can use it as a doll dress. 


 I have to say I love the way it came out, its just so cute and sweet. I am sure that they will love it as well and that's what is great. But when I was all done with it I thought I have to make other one and maybe even a few more in other fabrics to add to my etsy shop I do have one up there now that is in a fabric that's card suits, but that's not everyone's cup of tea for their baby girl. So some flower or other cute fabrics will be coming soon!! But I did have fabric to make other one just like this one I made for my friend so there is this one available now!!
So as always take a look at my etsy shop misschastains.etsy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment