Tuesday, November 17, 2015

First dinner party

So last night I hosted my first dinner party with my husband. I have to say it was a good night nothing to fancy just a nice little thing. It was great I was able to use my China that was my grandmothers, along with some of the serving appetizer trays as well. I know for a lot of people it seams crazy but I love it when I get to host in that full 1950's way, I really enjoy it. I should have gotten a photo of everyone but it's all the telling of story's and getting to know eachother. I didn't even think about it however I did get a few photos of things before people came over when the food was cooking.
My wine glasses from the dollar store look great with my China, that's something else I love to do is pare old things with new things, but you know you don't have to spend a whole lot to have some nice things you just need to take the time to look. I was lucky to get my China after my grandmother passed away. But if you don't and your like me and aren't able to spend the high price of China you should look at places like goodwill you can find some nice things and not pay like crazy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment