Friday, July 25, 2014

When I first fell in love with history and costuming

As I watch the movie Lincoln again tonight it occurs to me just when it was that I fell in love with not only History but costuming. When I was in 4th gread, decided to memorize and recite the Gettysburg address for the schoolwide talent show. Now memorizing it was not just enough for me, I had to look the part and so I searched and searched and ended up having to make my own top hat; beard and pulled together my own suit from secondhand store fines. Of course it was not movie quality costuming but it still sparked my love for both history and costuming all and one shoot and I have never looked back. It was shortly after this that I made a reproduction of felicity the American girls costuming. Then moved on to civil war/Dickensian as well as renaissance costuming. But still to this day the one that means the most was named Lincoln, I can still recite the words;They still send shivers down my spine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment