Friday, June 12, 2015

First try at my wedding cake

 With my up coming wedding I'm busy that for sure, so I thought way not add one more thing now I know that sounds crazy to just about every one. But in truth it's not that crazy, we are thinking of a cake with no icing to start with. Then I have decided to use variations of the wedding cake bride and grooms cakes that are in my grandmother's old cookbook. She got this cookbook when my grandfather and her were first married in 1954, they bought household goods at an estate sale after the death of a woman in town, .







This cookbook that she continue to use was one of the things that was part of the whole lot of they got, a long with some other things that I still have.






So to night I did my first try at the cake, with out changing any part of the recipe. The next time I am now going to double the recipe and replace the sugar with Stevia. You see part of the reason why my fiancé and I decided to have a no icing cake is because he's diabetic, so his is father , a cousin of mine and then my mother is on a special diet due to her cancer. So it just seams like a good idea to be more thoughtful of my family, that's why I'm not only working on making my wedding cake low sugar but also working at making recipes that I love to cook and bake more diabetic friendly too.

No comments:

Post a Comment