Monday, April 7, 2014

The number one thing to keep in mind when making things for other people

The number one thing that people ask me is, How do I get my loved ones to like the things I make them? I follow it up by asking well what kind of things have you made for them? The answers I get most is “i used this fabric that I liked or this yarn that I just loved”. 


What I tell them is what I will till you, when making anything for others its not about what you like, you most think about what they like. I my self wouldn't use NFL fabric, for my self but when at the fabric store with my boyfriend he saw fabric in his team, and wow was he happy he wanted to know if I could make something for him, i said how about a Hawaiian style button down shirt that you like. When it was all done he couldn't have been happier, every time he wears it he not only gets to talk about his team but he gets to say my girlfriend made it for me. 


The point here is to think about the person your making things for, what they like, what they wear. Just because its not something you would want doesn't mean that they wouldn't love it. Here are some photos of him in the shirt.






After making it for him and hearing from people how much they like it I have added it to my etsy shop,at                                (  misschastains.etsy.com )Visit the shop and see what more there is you never know what you will find being that I am adding new things.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/185345311/made-to-order-mens-hawaiian-style-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment